High-quality early learning programs provide children with a safe, welcoming environment where they can play and learn. Well-trained teachers and home visitors nurture and prepare children to help develop the academic and social-emotional skills they need to be successful in kindergarten and beyond.
The Ounce and its partners provide infants, toddlers and preschoolers with a Head Start in life—and we also give you tools and support so that you can be the best parent for your child. Head Start is a federally-funded program that promotes the school readiness of young children from income eligible families.
Our programs are enrolling children from birth to 5 years old in high-quality center-based and home visiting programs. Contact the individual sites for eligibility requirements.
- Quality early education for young children
- Programming and support for children with special needs
- Caring and well trained staff
- Support and resources for parents and families
- Leadership and advocacy opportunities for parents
- Limited transportation assistance
Find a high-quality early learning program near you on the map below.
As a federal Head Start and Early Head Start grantee, the Ounce partners with eight community agencies to deliver our early childhood education programs.