Give your child the best start with a high-quality early learning program.
High-quality early learning programs provide children with a safe, welcoming environment where they can PLAY and LEARN. Well-trained teachers and home visitors NURTURE and PREPARE children to help develop the academic and social-emotional skills they need to be successful in kindergarten and beyond.
The Ounce and our partners provide infants, toddlers and preschoolers with a Head Start in life—and we also give you tools and support so that you can be the best parent for your child. Head Start is a federally-funded program that promotes the school readiness of young children from low-income families.
Our programs are enrolling children from birth to 5 years old in high-quality center-based and home visiting programs. Contact the individual sites for eligibility requirements.
• Quality early education for young children
• Programming and support for children with special needs
• Caring and well trained staff
• Support and resources for parents and families
• Leadership and advocacy opportunities for parents
• Limited transportation assistance
Find a high-quality early learning program near you on the map below.