The Illinois Policy Team is pleased to release its annual Legislative Agenda, a snapshot of the budget requests and legislative priorities for which the Ounce will be advocating for and pursuing during the Illinois 2020 spring legislative session.
Our goals for the year include:
- Secure additional funding for the Early Childhood Block Grant at the Illinois State Board of Education and evidence-based home visiting programs, the Early Intervention (EI) program and the Child Care Assistance Program at the Illinois Department of Human Services
- Expand the state’s Medicaid program to cover doula and home visiting services
- Raise reimbursement rates for providers working in the EI program
- Pass legislation to create a statewide paid family leave program
The Illinois Policy Team will share a more detailed look at its priorities during its Legislative Session Webinar on Friday, February 28 at 12 p.m. CT. During this webinar you will learn more about:
- Current state and federal legislative landscapes
- Governor J.B. Pritzker’s Fiscal Year 2021 budget address, which will take place Wednesday, February 19
- Strategies to help you and your team effectively advocate for young children and families
A recorded version of the Ounce’s Legislative Session Webinar will be posted. Check back for details.