As of July 6, 2017 Illinois has a full-year, fully-funded budget for FY18 as well as appropriations for the second half of FY17.
Tell Lawmakers to Choose Children
HOW WE TAKE ACTION
Our action alerts provide information on what’s happening in Springfield as it relates to early childhood programs and services.
- Illinois Has a Budget! (July 6, 2017)
- Illinois General Assembly Passes Budget (June 30, 2016)
- Contact the governor and your elected officials: Support SB2038 (May 13, 2016)
- Call and Email Your Lawmakers: Tell Them to Vote ‘Yes’ on SB570 (November 5, 2015)
- Back in Session, Still No Budget: Tell Springfield It’s Time to Act (October 21, 2015)
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Act today to raise your voice demanding adequate revenue to fund a full-year state budget:
- Parents and providers, share your story with your lawmakers: Edit and send a letter to your lawmakers, sharing the harm the budget impasse has caused to your home visiting program along with the importance of fully-funding a state budget with adequate revenue.
- Call the governor’s office at: 217.782.0244 and urge him to work with the legislature to come to a resolution for a full-year, fully-funded budget. Then be sure to follow up with an e-mail.
- Call and email your state lawmakers and urge them to work with the governor to come to a real solution for a state budget with the adequate revenue to fully-fund critical services children and families need.
- Visit your state representative and state senator’s offices and share your stories of the importance of early learning and the impacts of the budget impasse and stopgap budget resolution.
WHERE WE STAND: OUNCE OF PREVENTION FUND STATEMENTS
Read official Ounce statements on the state budget impasse.
- Statement from Early Childhood Advocates for House of Representatives to Override Governor’s Veto (July 5, 2017)
- Statement from Early Childhood Advocates on Continued State Budget Impasse (June 1, 2016)
- Statement from Early Childhood Advocates on Governor Rauner’s FY2017 Budget Proposal (February 17, 2016)
- Statement on the State of the State (January 27, 2016)
Read more statements from the Ounce.