We educate and empower parents, teachers, school leaders, social workers, advocates and anyone else who wants a better chance for every child in America.
- We SERVE nearly 4,000 children and families through Early Head Start and Head Start programs we fund and operate in Chicago, as well as through our network of home visiting and doula programs across Illinois.
- We EDUCATE more than 3,000 program, community and opinion leaders about key issues in early childhood development.
- We ADVOCATE for sound public policies for 400,000 young children in Illinois through our Illinois policy team and 6 million nationally through the First Five Years Fund.
- We TEACH 150 low-income infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their families at Educare, our birth-to-five school in Chicago that has become a national model for early childhood education. The 19 operational Educare Schools in the Educare Learning Network serve nearly 3,000 children and families across the nation.
- We PARTNER with advocacy organizations in 17 states and Washington, DC, to build their capacity to advance policy change and increase public investments in effective birth-to-five programs.
- We TRAIN more than 2,500 community-based early childhood professionals across the country, including 950 professionals working in Educare Schools.
- We REACH an estimated 25,000 children and families through a network of early childhood providers across the country who have been trained by the Ounce.
- We BELIEVE that we have what it takes to do so much more.