The Illinois General Assembly is crafting its budget before the May 31 adjournment. Urge your legislators to pass a full-year, fully-funded state budget that protects and strengthens early childhood investments!
Legislators should champion the needs of children and families by:
- Supporting the Illinois State Board of Education’s request for a $50 million increase to the Early Childhood Block Grant
- Rejecting the proposed $96.1 million cut to the Child Care Assistance Program
- Providing level funding for voluntary home visiting programs (Parents Too Soon and Healthy Families within the Department of Human Services)
- Supporting the proposed $3 million increase for Early Intervention
- Re-appropriating $7.2 million in Early Childhood Capital Grants
For more information check out our fact sheet on early childhood advocates’ budget requests.