Our Achieve OnDemand offerings incorporate real life experiences and practical solutions to help you combat the stresses that are part of your job as a home visitor. Take advantage of our course offerings to gain the confidence, practical skills and knowledge to handle the challenging situations that arise in your work.
Benefits of the Achieve OnDemand training experience include:
- Relevance: Learning delivered through the lens of the home visitor, that can be applied on the job immediately following training.
- Accessibility: Training offerings available online anytime, anywhere, from any device.
- Flexibility: Learning formats tailored to a variety of adult learning styles.
- High Quality: Designed by experts in home visiting and applicable across all national home visiting program models.
- Affordability: High-quality online training at a low cost. Eliminate travel costs for in-person trainings.
- Community: Enjoy online peer learning communities and an opportunity to interact with and learn from other home visitors facing similar challenges.
For State Purchasers: We also provide expert consultation to assist state and system leaders in providing the optimal professional learning experience to meet the unique needs of their staff. Achieve OnDemand consultants at the Ounce, who are experts in the field of home visiting, offer ongoing consultation in the form of monthly phone calls, data analysis and reporting, and best practice sharing to assist leaders throughout the program.
All Achieve OnDemand participants receive a Completion Certificate stating the number of hours of professional development and content areas they completed. Achieve OnDemand trainings align with most state’s professional development registry systems and currently can be applied to:
- Illinois Board of Nursing: Achieve OnDemand coursework can be used towards Continuing Education requirements for nursing licensure. Certificates of Completion can be downloaded to verify your attendance and for use in your license renewal materials.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) for Home Visitors: Achieve OnDemand trainings can be used as Professional Education Clock Hours to obtain or renew your CDA for Home Visitors. Upon course completion, participants are provided official certifications documenting all required information.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): The Ounce is a provider of CEUs for Social Work, Education and Nursing in the state of Illinois. We can supply you with the necessary documentation so you can receive CEUs within your state.
- DONA International: Achieve OnDemand courses are accepted for doulas pursuing certification by DONA International. Participants who complete self-paced courses or webinars can use the completion certificates they receive as a part of their Birth Doula or Postpartum Doula Recertification documentation.
- Lamaze International: Achieve OnDemand is an approved contact hour provider for Lamaze International. Learners working toward the Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator certification can use course credits to meet continuing education requirements.
Questions? Please reach out to AchieveonDemand@theOunce.org for further information.
Achieve OnDemand is an approved training opportunity across the U.S. Find a state registry, resource, and endorsement near you.
- Arkansas Professional Development Registry
- Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry
- Illinois Gateways
- Kentucky’s Early Care and Education Training Records Information System
- Los Angeles County Perinatal and Early Childhood Home Visitation Consortium (LACPECHVC) online training directory
- Oregon Registry
- West Virginia State Training and Registry System (WV STARS)
- 29 state infant mental health associations and two international partners who are members of the Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health
PARTNERSHIP WITH THE ALLIANCE FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF INFANT MENTAL HEALTH
Are you applying for or renewing an Endorsement® from an Infant Mental Health Association that is a member of the Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health®? Coursework completed through Achieve OnDemand qualifies toward the specialized in-service training requirements. Use this chart as a reference to see how Achieve OnDemand’s self-paced courses align with Endorsement® competencies under each category. See each Achieve OnDemand course description on our course catalog here for a list of the competency areas you can use on your application or submit for in-service credits.