Before you enroll in a course, you’ll need to become a registered user. Follow this process to enroll into and purchase any of our learning experiences:
- Click on the “register” button here. You will be taken to the registration page.
- Note: If you are being provided Achieve OnDemand via a state or program partnership, please use the registration link provided by your training administrator.
- Complete all areas on the registration form notated with the red asterisk.
- Upon completion of the registration form you will receive an automated email confirming access to the system with information on next steps.
- Click on the “register” button here. You will be taken to the registration page.
Yes. You can browse our catalog without registering. Visit the AOD online portal here.
We accept credit card payments or purchase orders. Just select the “Invoice” option upon payment if you are interested in a purchase order or email us at AcheiveOnDemand@theOunce.org for pricing and purchasing support.
While in the online catalog, select the professional development offering you are interested in. (If you are not a registered user, you will be directed to register before you can complete the purchase. Once registered, you will be routed directly back to your shopping cart.)
Click the “add to cart” button and then select either “continue shopping” or “proceed to check out.”
We want to ensure that what you are learning is useful to you in the field so we employ knowledge checks, evaluations and polling throughout our training. Here’s how we assess your progress in our different online course formats:
- Self-Paced: Each self-paced course includes a 10 question pre-assessment at the beginning of the course and a 10 question post-assessment knowledge check. In order for a self-paced course to be marked as “completed” on your transcript you must correctly answer at least 8 of the 10 post-assessment questions.
- Webinars: During our webinars, knowledge checks are administered through polls. These are a great opportunity for us to learn more about where you are in your practice so we can customize our content based on your needs.
We offer discounts for group purchases and subscriptions. If you are interested in purchasing multiple trainings on behalf of an organization or agency, please contact the Achieve OnDemand team directly at AcheiveOnDemand@theOunce.org or 312-453-1993.
We are pleased to speak to you about bulk purchase and subscription discounts. Please email AcheiveOnDemand@theOunce.org for more information.
The sharing/transferring of AOD accounts is prohibited. The material presented in AOD training is intended for the sole non-commercial use of the registered user. Individual registered user accounts are intended for use by a single individual. Sharing of individual registered user accounts and associated passwords between multiple users is prohibited. This is a requirement based on compliance with accreditor and regulatory standards for user data and completion reporting.
If you choose to withdraw from a professional development offering before completion, please email AcheiveOnDemand@theOunce.org or call 312.453.1993 between 9am and 5pm Central time, Monday–Friday.
Visit the login page for Achieve OnDemand and enter your email address and your password. You may also cut and paste this URL into your browser https://theounce.csod.com/client/theounce/default.aspx. We recommend you use your internet browser’s bookmark feature to save this link for easy access.
Upon log in, you will be taken to your Achieve OnDemand dashboard.
If you have forgotten your password, please follow the automated password reset instructions on the login page. Your username is your email address.
We are here to support successful and enjoyable learning experiences. If you have any problems or questions please email AcheiveOnDemand@theOunce.org. Emails will be answered within one business day, or call 312.453.1993 between 9am and 5pm Central time, Monday–Friday.
Learning online means you will be sharing insights and ideas with your peers in many different ways so it’s important that everyone practice good online manners. When posting to a chat or discussion board, please consider the following basic principles for courteous online behavior:
- Your words and content represent you so review and edit your words and images before sending or posting.
- Use unabbreviated language and keep your written communications focused.
- Avoid multi-posting, cross-posting, off-topic posting and hijacking a discussion thread.
- Avoid posting in all caps or enlarging script for emphasis.
- When someone makes a mistake (such as a spelling error, asks an unrelated question or posts an unnecessarily long answer), it may be best to not say anything at all.
We do not store any of your payment information.
Computers and tablets can be used to access our self-paced courses and webinars, while our Know & Go apps are designed to be accessed via your smart phone. We suggest that your computing equipment meet or are of a more recent release than the following basic requirements:
Type Minimum Recommended Desktop Display Resolution 1024 x 768 1280 x 720 Smartphone Display Resolution 320 x 480 320 x 480 or higher PC Users Windows Vista Windows 10 Mac Users OS X 10.5 or higher OS X 10.13 High Sierra Internet Download Speed .256 Mbps 1.5 Mbps Internet Upload Speed .384 Mbps 1 Mbps RAM 1 GB, 1 GHz Processor 2 GB, 1 GHz Processor Display Color 16 bit 32 bit Compatible Browsers Plug-Ins and Configurations We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome. The following plug-ins and configurations are required for our learning experiences: Other compatible browsers include:
- Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 and greater
- Apple Safari 10 and greater
- Latest Mozilla Firefox version
- Pop-up Blocker disabled
- Adobe Acrobat Reader enabled
- Adobe Flash enabled
- Cisco WebEx add-on
Achieve OnDemand is accessible via native browsers in Windows Phone 8 and above, iOS 9 and above, and Android 5.0 and above.
Security and privacy
Achieve OnDemand™ maintains security of personal information and data in compliance with the standards set by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Our learning management system is Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD). You can access their security information and policies by clicking here.
Most frequently, browser settings will be the cause of problems that prevent a self-paced course from functioning properly. Try these steps first:
- Disable the pop-up blocker in your browser’s settings.
- Upgrade to the most current version of your browser. We recommend using Chrome for viewing this course, but it also works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Ensure your internet browser is configured to allow Flash for the Achieve OnDemand site.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock.
- In the menu window, to the right of “Flash,” click the Down arrow Allow.
- Go back to the site and reload the page.
- Log out of the system, clear your browser’s cache, and login again to re-launch the course.
- Confirm you have a strong and reliable connection to the internet.
For security reasons, the Achieve OnDemand learning system will log you off automatically after 2 hours—so it is a good idea to exit the course at least once every 2 hours to ensure you don’t get logged off unexpectedly. You can “save your place” in the course by simply closing the window in which the course is displaying, or by opening the “tools” menu in the lower left of the course screen, and selecting “exit course.” Any information you enter is saved automatically as it is entered.
Our self-paced courses are not designed to be accessed using a smartphone. We recommend using a computer or tablet to access the self-paced courses.
Yes. In addition to computers, our courses are designed to function on iPads and Android tablets.
You’re excited to be enrolling in one of our online courses, but don’t know what to expect…don’t worry. You are already a successful online learner if you are:
- Able to share your educational and work-related experiences as part of the learning process
- Comfortable communicating in discussions, using critical thinking skills, and at ease contributing in webinars by speaking up and sharing
- Used to using computers
- Self-disciplined and motivated
- Able to balance this professional development work with the rest of your life and are prepared to dedicate 1 hour per week to your coursework.